What calls for a better National Junk Food Day treat than…a healthy and refreshing summer salad prepared by our chef extraordinaire Cris Urena? The best part is that the whole process only takes 30 precious minutes of your life! Check out the behind-the-scenes and Cris’ recipe below.
– Baby kale
– Golden berries
– Salad dressing: orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt
– Pita Bread (optional)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Slice up avocado, tomatoes, carrots, shallots and corn
– Pan fry corn and shallots on medium-high heat
– Add seasonings listed above to the sauce pan till ingredients turn golden
Additional Kitchen Tips from Cris
– Always have basil, avocados, or sweet potatoes in your fridge because they’re easy to prepare
– When making smoothie, try adding basil for a nice kick
– Stock up your fridge with coconut water for thirst-quenching hydration
– Shallots are flavorful but not as intense as onions
– Adding color by using different ingredients makes a meal healthy and visual!